***See below for some great prizes you can win!!***
For the Authors in Bloom Blog Hop, we were asked to post either a recipe or a gardening tip. Since everything I plant dies, I elected to post a recipe. Below is one of my favorite cookie recipes. It always gets rave reviews when I bring it to a party.
I found the recipe and the picture here: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/06/smores-cookies.html
11 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 ½ cups flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
3 regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
1-2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter with white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine on low speed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Chill dough in refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight (I did one batch right away and another after chilling overnight and found there was no difference.)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line baking pans with parchment paper. I used one 11×17 pan and one 9×13 pan but you can really use any sized pans you want.
- Lay out graham crackers side by side on the pans as close as possible (they should be touching). I used 16 graham cracker squares on one pan and 10 squares on another. You may have to add or remove graham crackers according to how much dough you have. If you want your cookies thicker you will use more dough and less graham crackers.
- Place tablespoons of dough on graham crackers about 1 – 1 ½ inches apart. I averaged about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough per graham cracker square as seen in the picture above. Press down slightly with fingertips.
- Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven to press Hershey’s bar pieces on to the top. You can place as many pieces or as little as you want depending how much chocolate flavor you want.
- Bake for an additional 5 – 7 minutes or more if your cookies are thicker. They will be done when the edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. For clean cutting make sure cookies are completely cool and cut with a sharp knife.
When you enter my giveaway, you will be required to post a comment, which will automatically make you eligible for the Grand Prize and 2nd prize.
GRAND PRIZE: The organizers of the Authors in Bloom Blog Hop are giving away a Kindle Fire or Nook (winner’s choice) along with a $25 gift card for the same. They are also giving away a 2nd prize of $25 gift card.
Important: To enter to win the Grand Prize or the 2nd prize, you must leave a comment on every blog on the hop. Only those visitors who visit EACH and EVERY stop are eligible for the grand prize ereader and gift card. Eligibility will be verified by hop’s end. You must leave your contact email in the comment section; otherwise the organizers will have no way to contact you if you win. Winners will be posted on both the first (Dianne Venetta) and last (A Cozy Reader’s Corner) websites.
Tour ends April 16th at 11:59pm EST.